asus b450m pro tuf + aio pump + 4 fans

xeon_fan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
Hi, as asrock b450m pro4 is garbage I want to replace it with asus b450m tuf pro. The problem is it (asus) does not have dedicated aio pump connector and only 3 fan headers.

As I have 4 fans (pwm) in the system:
2 x 120 for aio (in)
1 x 120 over vrm
1 x 120 out
+ pump (cheap cooler master 240 lite)
Ideal situation would be to have at least 4/5 connectors ...
The questions:
- can I use cpu/chasis fan connector for pump?(I would use then 1 to 3 spliter to feed 2x aio+ vrm)
- can I use Molex to fan to provide 12V DC to pump directly from psu?

Thanks!

Solution
You can use any CHA_Fan connector for pump.
1. Don't use same connector to power fan(s), no Y splitters to connect any fans at same time.
2. Connection should be set for constant full pump speed.
3. Connecting to 12v output would work but would not be able to see the speed of the pump or to know if it's working or not.
You can use any CHA_Fan connector for pump.
1. Don't use same connector to power fan(s), no Y splitters to connect any fans at same time.
2. Connection should be set for constant full pump speed.
3. Connecting to 12v output would work but would not be able to see the speed of the pump or to know if it's working or not.

Solution

xeon_fan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

Hi Mike, I don't get first statement ... I should not connect several fans to Y splitters? Like: CPU Fan connector-> Splitter -> 3 Fans?

Or you meant Fans with Pump with the same CPU Fan connector ... so CPU Fan connector -> Splitter -> fan + pump ...

I guess I will use the psu connector ...

xeon_fan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016
I guess I will sacrifice the pump monitoring because I need to run 3 different PWM values:
- air in 2x on radiator - mid speed (corsair ml120)
- out 1x in case - low speed (cooler master 120ab - looks like cooler master air balance but without the speed management on the back)
- vrm 1x high speed (cooler master 120ab - looks like cooler master air balance but without the speed management on the back)

to preserve positive pressure in the case.

Thanks for the help!