Question ASUS B460M-C/CSM LGA 1200 Operating System Issue

Aug 18, 2021
My setup is

ASUS PRO B460M-C/CSM LGA 1200 Intel B460 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 8-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 1200 125W Desktop Processor w/ Intel UHD Graphics 630

I am trying to install windows 10 via usb boot and it does the initial install, then restarts with Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation. Continuous loop.

I then tried to image it with Windows 7. It does the install, loads windows and then pops up with "Media not found, please reinsert the media needed to complete the deployment.
Meanwhile while this message is up, my keyboard and mouse are not responsive.

Anyone have any idea whats going on here?

Aug 18, 2021
I am wondering if during the last part of the install, the USB ports stop working because the drivers havent been installed?
Not sure if that even makes sense.

ASUS PRO B460M-C/CSM LGA 1200 Intel B460 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-10700K Comet Lake 8-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 1200 125W Desktop Processor w/ Intel UHD Graphics 630
Why a powerhungry CPU on a motherboard with crappy VRM? It's very powerlimitted.
I am trying to install windows 10 via usb boot and it does the initial install, then restarts with Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation. Continuous loop.
Try other USB stick and/or other USB ports on the front and back I/O.
I then tried to image it with Windows 7. It does the install, loads windows and then pops up with "Media not found, please reinsert the media needed to complete the deployment.
Meanwhile while this message is up, my keyboard and mouse are not responsive.
B460 is not compatible with W7.

Aug 18, 2021
Why a powerhungry CPU on a motherboard with crappy VRM? It's very powerlimitted.

Try other USB stick and/or other USB ports on the front and back I/O.

B460 is not compatible with W7.

Do you have a recommendation for a better Motherboard? Around the 100-150 price range. Also do you think this motherboard could be causing some of the issues?

Also, I've tried many different ports.

Aug 18, 2021
Now I cant even get the computer to read the boot file from the USB stick. I even copied all the data to another stick and still doesnt work.

Worked perfectly fine, as in it atleast tried to install yesterday and now today, it says its not bootable.

Aug 18, 2021
So.... It was the hard drive that was the issue. Got a W10 image on a new thumb drive, and it kept trying and rebooting over and over.

Swapped the hard drive out for a different one and took it immediately.