[SOLVED] Asus B550-F and M2 heat sink fit

Dec 23, 2020
Hey guys first time posting here.... And building my first pc. Still trying to decide on a few final parts, one of which being storage. The B550 has pcie gen 4 m2 storage and I would like to take advantage of that however I don't think the stock heatsink on the mobo is sufficient. Will an aftermarket heat sink like the one that's included with the sabrent rocket 4 fit on the gen 4 pcie slot with a gpu below it? Any insight or possibly a low profile comparable heatsink? Or do you think the included heatsink with the mobo is sufficient? Thanks in advance

Sabrent m2 ssd with heat sink
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F7G2PHY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_btW4Fb6G2Q0DB?psc=1

Solution
It looks like it should fit so long as your GPU doesn't have an extra thick backplate. Those are kind of rare though.

I feel the stock heatsink would be sufficient for most NVME's but if Sabrent felt the need to include one then maybe it's needed with that one. I've read in several articles that only the controller needs to be cooled as flash memory itself actually benefits from running hot.
It looks like it should fit so long as your GPU doesn't have an extra thick backplate. Those are kind of rare though.

I feel the stock heatsink would be sufficient for most NVME's but if Sabrent felt the need to include one then maybe it's needed with that one. I've read in several articles that only the controller needs to be cooled as flash memory itself actually benefits from running hot.

Reactions: RxScrub
Solution