Question ASUS B550 F-Gaming Ethernet Adapter wont start

Banko96

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
so I've had my PC just over a week and having trouble with the ethernet adapter on the B550 F-Gaming motherboard showing problems with not being able to start.
I've installed a driver onto a flash drive and tried to update thru that way, but it is showing encountered an error (unable to start)

Any other solutions for this? or any other working driver versions?

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
I've installed a driver onto a flash drive and tried to update thru that way, but it is showing encountered an error (unable to start)
Can you elaborate on this? Are you referring to a BIOS flash/update? Speaking of which, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Did you try uninstalling the ethernet adapter's drivers from Control Panel>Uninstall a program?

so I've had my PC just over a week and having trouble with the ethernet adapter on the B550 F-Gaming motherboard showing problems with not being able to start.

Any other solutions for this? or any other working driver versions?

Thanks
Is this a fresh/clean Windows installation?

Banko96

Commendable
Mar 30, 2020
Can you elaborate on this? Are you referring to a BIOS flash/update? Speaking of which, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Did you try uninstalling the ethernet adapter's drivers from Control Panel>Uninstall a program?

I’m not Too experienced with the bios side of things, I had left my pc idle for about 30 mins came back and no internet connection, looked on device manager and Ethernet adapter showed error not able to start.

I have it fixed for now by unplugging the power and booting again and reinstalling Ethernet controller driver, but this is a second time in a week it’s happened.