[SOLVED] ASUS B550 - F GAMING WIFI led glitch; AMD R5 5600x high temps?

Frozenyojk

Honorable
Sep 8, 2016
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hello everyone,

I have strange glitch with my motherboard - asus b550 f gaming wifi - it's led constantly stops after booting to windows and I have to run Armory Crate to turn it on again?
Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it?

I have one more question - my ryzen 5 5600x keeps acting strange - it's idle temps vary between 45-55 and when im restarting the pc they seems to be in the high 70/80 and my pc sounds like a jet engine.
Also, when Im doing something - installing program or similar the CPU spikes to 60/65, in game I've noticed its around 80 degrees.
I've read a few posts in here but everyone has different opinion. Im using stock cooler for now in my Phanteks p300 with 2x140 mm intake and 1 120 exhaust fans. Is it normal, am i doing something wrong with the cooler installation or thermal paste application?
Im considering upgrade to the cooler to noctua tower with chromax fan or one AIO. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance! Stay safe.

Last edited:
Solution
I just happened to find this thread.
It seems when threads are merged, or moved around, there's no notifications sent, so I everything that happened after my first post just kind of went under the radar.

I don't mind. I was looking for a Noctua tower (Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black to be specific) or beQuiet dark rock 4.
Either of those 2 coolers will work great! The 5600X is rather light on power use.

I was even looking into AIO (Asus Strix LC 240).
~Ehh, this model is very expensive for what it offers. Around 150USD for a 240mm hybrid is outrageous.
Not going to be worth the money sink except for your adoration for ROG.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No idea about the LED issue.

The temperature thing isn't abnormal for Ryzen 5000 at all. It was the same thing with Ryzen 3000.
Also, you don't have the best cooling setup to work with the downdraft stock cooler. Ideally, there should be a side intake over it, with rear and top exhausts. The trendy tempered glass side panels really hurt them.

To help this, without spending a dime:
-Set up a custom fan curve with higher rpms in mind. It'll be less noticeable and easier on your ears.
-Move the front- bottom 140mm fan to the top panel as exhaust.

If you don't mind spending money, just get a tower air cooler. It'll work better with the front to back fan setup you're got going on.
You don't need to change anything else.
If you need a few cooler examples:
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B
Thermalright Macho Rev. C
Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo

Frozenyojk

Honorable
Sep 8, 2016
No idea about the LED issue.
I've found where the problem comes from - the stupid iCUE software recognizes the motherboard and it was managing its LEDs. I've removed the motherboard from the software and now everything is fine.

If you don't mind spending money, just get a tower air cooler
I don't mind. I was looking for a Noctua tower (Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black to be specific) or beQuiet dark rock 4.

If anyone has opinion on these products, post it here. I'm really confused on what cooler should I choose rn.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I just happened to find this thread.
It seems when threads are merged, or moved around, there's no notifications sent, so I everything that happened after my first post just kind of went under the radar.

Either of those 2 coolers will work great! The 5600X is rather light on power use.

~Ehh, this model is very expensive for what it offers. Around 150USD for a 240mm hybrid is outrageous.

Reactions: Frozenyojk
Solution

Frozenyojk

Honorable
Sep 8, 2016
Yeah, I've only looked into it because of 2 reasons - First, I love my parts to be 1 brand as much as possible, and second- im looking for update for my fans. Having an AIO I think I will hit 2 birds with 1 stone. But still I will consider my options, knowing both are good one.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, I've only looked into it because of 2 reasons - First, I love my parts to be 1 brand as much as possible, and second- im looking for update for my fans. Having an AIO I think I will hit 2 birds with 1 stone. But still I will consider my options, knowing both are good one.
Understandable.
Make sure you have a backup cooler when opting for hybrid coolers - don't throw away the Wraith cooler unless you replace it with something else.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Why is that so ? :oops:
Hybrid coolers inevitably fail. It's one of their most overlooked flaws. The vast majority of these models can't be serviced or refilled.
Once the pump is done, that's it. The entire cooler needs to be thrown out instead of the working fans. Having a backup helps you avoid extended downtime.
Mechanical failure: Pump dies on it's own.
Biological failure: There are biocides in the fluid that prevent growth of algae and other organics. The biocides have a lifespan too, and when they go, gunk/sludge will build up faster, and that'll kill the pump in a form of asphyxiation.
Chemical failure: Most of these units also contain corrosion inhibitors in the fluid. They expire too... likely to lead to leaks.
One of those 3 things will happen.

Air cooler? A fan breaks - snap - you replace it. Cheap and easy.
If there's a defect in the heatsink, it'll show up right away, but other than that, they last a lifetime.