[SOLVED] ASUS B550-F mobo : VGA and BOOT lights stay lit, PC will not boot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2022
Just bought a Asus B550-F installed all the parts Ryzen 7 5800X, Corsair Vengeance Pro SL DDR4 3200 MHz 32 gig, EVGA GTX1070, EVGA 710 PSU, and 2 Samsung SATA SSD's. Now the GPU, PSU, and SSD's work they are being used in the PC I'm using to post this.
When I power up the new set up the VGA and Boot light stay on (white and Yellow). It will not boot up and I'm getting no video out put from the GPU. I've cleared the CMOS, changed the RAM around (it was in DIMM 2 and 4 at the start), changed out GPU's gone down
to just the main boot SSD and all, but still will not boot. I'm at a loss on this one. Maybe one of yall might know what went wrong. Thanks

Jul 10, 2022
I might have something for this. I had several issues similar to this and eventually couldn't even get into the bios anymore. I have the B550-F, 5900X, and a GTX 1080. What I did was plug my GPU in the second PCIx16 slot. That let me get into the bios again. Then I manually set the top PCIx16 slop from AUTO to GEN3. All my problems went away. I don't have a newer GPU to test, but I'd assume manually setting it from AUTO to GEN4 would also do the trick in that case.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Mar 1, 2022
I might have something for this. I had several issues similar to this and eventually couldn't even get into the bios anymore. I have the B550-F, 5900X, and a GTX 1080. What I did was plug my GPU in the second PCIx16 slot. That let me get into the bios again. Then I manually set the top PCIx16 slop from AUTO to GEN3. All my problems went away. I don't have a newer GPU to test, but I'd assume manually setting it from AUTO to GEN4 would also do the trick in that case.

I tried that as well. Since the tech help side of ASUS is lacking techs to help with this issue, I went to MSI for a MB as stated above.

Status
Not open for further replies.