[SOLVED] Asus B550 STRIX vs X570 TUF

afromac

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
What are the meaningful differences between these two motherboards?

Amazon links:
B550 STRIX vs X570 TUF

I am mostly interested in the VRM and the quality of components. I want this machine to last for 5-7 years. I'm going to run it with a 3600, and then upgrade to the Zen 3 equivalent of 3900X eventually.

Thanks

Solution
They are both 12+2 Power Phase Design....so my thought is, they use the same layout for the Power Design and the same VRM...
TUF Board is really good board in general and vrm's also for that price. The B550 is expensive coz its new and... if your not into tech.... you won't know X570 is better.
I'd go with X570 TUF.....

Note... x570 has a fan on the Chipset a lot of people don't like it because it if fails it's a problem, i think it's going to last at least 4 years...but yeah ...less fans = better.
They are both 12+2 Power Phase Design....so my thought is, they use the same layout for the Power Design and the same VRM...
TUF Board is really good board in general and vrm's also for that price. The B550 is expensive coz its new and... if your not into tech.... you won't know X570 is better.

Note... x570 has a fan on the Chipset a lot of people don't like it because it if fails it's a problem, i think it's going to last at least 4 years...but yeah ...less fans = better.

Reactions: afromac
Solution

afromac

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010

Cool. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS