[SOLVED] Asus B550F Strix- Flashback Button Stuck?

pinatacookies

Honorable
May 7, 2015
Hey, was hoping someone could help with this as it's driving me insane.

Just bought a 5800x and installed it, but I need to update the bios on my B550, Strix by using the Flashback Button on the back. I'm supposed to press it in for three seconds, but pushing on it does nothing, the button is completely stuck. How do I get it unstuck? Is there any other solution to updating my bios without another AM4 processor on hand?

Nov 20, 2020
Hey, was hoping someone could help with this as it's driving me insane.

Just bought a 5800x and installed it, but I need to update the bios on my B550, Strix by using the Flashback Button on the back. I'm supposed to press it in for three seconds, but pushing on it does nothing, the button is completely stuck. How do I get it unstuck? Is there any other solution to updating my bios without another AM4 processor on hand?

Just found the fix after reading the manual. You actually have to shut the computer down (?) BEFORE pressing the bios flashback button for it to work. See page 46 of the manual that DMAN999 posted.

TO CLARIFY: You have to have the drive you're using for bios flashback to be formatted in MBR instead of GUID for some reason, and in Fat32. I wasn't able to get this to work in windows as it
caused my drive to not be recognised, so what I had to do instead was plug the drive into my mac, format it as an MBR with ExFat (FAT32 isn't supported on mac for some reason), plug it back into my windows device, then format it as fat32 there, which worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMAN999