[SOLVED] Asus B550f Strix m.2 question

TobinUK

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014
I have the Asus B550-f Strix gaming non wifi mobo and i have Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb m.2. I did a userbenchmark and when the results came back, it says 'Performing below expectations (30th percentile)'. Everything else was fine. How come this result was like this as i dont understand and still learning all the time, does this have anything to do with where the m.2 is installed? Its currently on the top slot and i think its set to 'gen 3' in bios. Is everything correct on install as my friend helped and installed the m.2. This is where my OS is installed and booting up is fine etc (as far as im concerned). The 1660ti is also set to 'gen 3' on bios' i noticed.

If the Userbenchmark report isn't giving the read/write performance result, then we can't really figure out what's going on. Run either CrystalDiskMark or Samsung's Magician benchmarking tool.

Though a cursory glance is that because it's an OS drive, it's expected that performance may be slightly lower because the OS isn't going to wait on a benchmark to be done if it needs to do something.

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
what is the read write speed you got in userbenchmark or paste the link of it.
this ssd and gpu both are pcie gen 3 so will run in gen 3 pcie mode only.
check the temp of the ssd.
or try installing in m2 slot the lower one.

TobinUK

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014
The result below is what i got 2nd time running benchmark as i forgot to export the image. Funny thing is the first time the scores were pretty much the same apart from Sequential Write speed was 942 on first benchmark instead of the 3267 shown on image.

cIPeHrH.png

TobinUK

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014
Primarily, because userbenchmark is a badly flawed tool.

I did have to disable RivaTuner and Gsync and uninstall sonic radar 3 for it to work following some reddit post and ended up getting a result in the end but yes the 970 Evo was a mystery why i got that result so just wanted to check with you guys in case something on install was wrong for example.

TobinUK

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014
I did another test this morning to find same result as what i was getting when i had concern, did another follow up test after this one and it was fine again?? I had an update this morning which this benchmark was done after update.

Jpr0lTT.png

TobinUK

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014
Sorry for delay, got onto another benchmark and things improved from last post. I did do one shortly after you suggestion of restart but forgot to get a pic to export. Sequential read: 3551 write: 3270 Random Read: 248291 write: 215576. That was 4mins and straight from fresh restart but pic below is over 12hrs after.

WMEleyY.png