[SOLVED] ASUS B560M-A Win10 Install Fail Loop

bloodedbythought

Prominent
May 21, 2022
I have a B560M-A with a i5-10600K and I cannot for the life of me get the Windows installation to work, resulting in logo freeze and then looping reboots.

-I used the ISO+Rufus to make the installation media on my USB (I've tried 3 different drives)
-I disabled Secure Boot, CSM, etc.
-The M.2 and the USB drives are recognized in the Bios

BUT when I try to boot from the USB it loads the Windows logo and then the led on the USB stops activity and then the whole thing cycles...

I do not think it is the usb/media and am guessing it is a settings issue in the bios (which is flashed to current), or perhaps a hardware failing? I know the M.2 works as it was in another system, and the USB drives all work.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Solution
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the problem. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it, just to make it.

1st stage of install doesn't go anywhere near the m.2, it runs a ram disk... so check ram.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the problem. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it, just to make it.

1st stage of install doesn't go anywhere near the m.2, it runs a ram disk... so check ram.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
it could just be fact you have 2 sets of ram in the PC. If you wanted 32gb of corsair ram, you should have got one set. Sets are tested to work with the other sticks in the set, not with other sets.
i have Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200

4 sticks can be tricky to get to work right

Colif

Win 11 Master
Ram channels on board
A - A1 & A2
B - B1 & B2
these channel descriptions don't seem to match how ram is matched up. Manual is a little confusing. Logic tells me you put ram into the channels but recommended memory config chart shows the opposite

one stick should be in B2
Two sticks in A2 & B2

page 1-9 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1200/PRIME_B560M-A/E18905_PRIME_B560M-A_v2_UM_WEB.pdf

I don't think Board would boot if you used A1/B1 as they only used if you already using other slots.

bloodedbythought

Prominent
May 21, 2022
Ok, so it is definitely a bad stick. I moved the good one around to all slots and everything works. Put that other one in anywhere and it crashes. I can't even run memtest on it with it slotted. :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would RMA it, Corsair will replace the ram if you have proof of purchase. Normally need memtest results but if PC won't even start with ram in, let them find out.
A - A1 & A2
B - B1 & B2
these channel descriptions don't seem to match how ram is matched up. Manual is a little confusing. Logic tells me you put ram into the channels but recommended memory config chart shows the opposite

These match my manual. I hadn't ever noticed before.