Question Asus B650E-E cannot go to sleep with EXPO RAM

aestoyam

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014
PC won't wake from sleep when enabling EXPO. It can go to sleep successfully but can never wake from it and require full restart. I am using Corsair Vengeance 2x32GB 6000MHz Ram.

I can stomach the long post times but not being able to sleep the PC is a deal breaker and I also don't want to run the RAM at 4800 MHz :/ I am on the latest BIOS (0821).

Also, doing powercfg /a in command prompt, shows that the firmware does not support S0, S1, S2 and Hybrid sleep.

Is there a workaround for this problem?

Full Specs:
R5 7600x (temporary)
Asus ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi Mobo
RTX 4090
2x32GB DDR5 6000 Corsair Vengeance
Corsair RM1000x PSU

powercfg /a probably shows more than you have written
you can have only one type of sleep (s0/s1/s2/s3) available at a time, its currently S3 sleep, hybrid sleep not supported can mean that hybernation is enabled, both are S4, and once again only one of them can run at a time either hybrid or hybernate

aestoyam

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2014
hT6WPmx.png

This is the output, apologies I should've been more clear.

I understand now. Is there anything I can do to enable "normal" sleep functionality, without the need to restarting machine.

Jan 22, 2023
i have the same board and cpu and my pc also fails to boot sometimes after sleep
im waiting for a bios update since everything ive done failed
they had a beta bios available on the site but they pulled it out but i also had problems with it
im guessing its more of the usual of being an early adopter of ryzen
do you also get crashes where the screen goes black sometimes recoveres after a second or two, sometimes it doesnt ?

hT6WPmx.png

This is the output, apologies I should've been more clear.

I understand now. Is there anything I can do to enable "normal" sleep functionality, without the need to restarting machine.
Go into your BIOS and mess with the sleep state settings. One of them is bound to fix the issue, though which one I am not entirely sure

PC won't wake from sleep when enabling EXPO. It can go to sleep successfully but can never wake from it and require full restart. I am using Corsair Vengeance 2x32GB 6000MHz Ram.

I can stomach the long post times but not being able to sleep the PC is a deal breaker and I also don't want to run the RAM at 4800 MHz :/ I am on the latest BIOS (0821).

Also, doing powercfg /a in command prompt, shows that the firmware does not support S0, S1, S2 and Hybrid sleep.

Is there a workaround for this problem?

Full Specs:
R5 7600x (temporary)
Asus ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi Mobo
RTX 4090
2x32GB DDR5 6000 Corsair Vengeance
Corsair RM1000x PSU
What are the exact models and brands of your storage devices and what m.2 slots are the plugged into?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023
"i have the same board and cpu and my pc also fails to boot sometimes after sleep"
I have this problem as well. Same specs, same board, same RAM. Did you manage to fix it? Should I use only two ram slots out of 4? (I have 64GB of Ram)
Any help much appreciated:)