ASUS B85M-E Mining without SLI support?

Solution
Yes, SLI is only for coordinating graphics cards for gaming, in cryptocurrency mining the cards just run all out.
Your issue however, is that I'm not sure you're able to underclock/undervolt your CPU with that board, it'll result in negative gains since the power consumption outweighs its hashes.
Yes, SLI is only for coordinating graphics cards for gaming, in cryptocurrency mining the cards just run all out.
Your issue however, is that I'm not sure you're able to underclock/undervolt your CPU with that board, it'll result in negative gains since the power consumption outweighs its hashes.

Solution

culzone

Honorable
Apr 27, 2016

Im going to use the g3258 which draws about 53w and since im not gonna make it do any work I guess the watts will be very low. And im going to live on a school where I don't pay for the electricity anyways so, for a year

USAFRet

Titan

6 months from now you'll be way behind the power curve...free electricity or not.

culzone

Honorable
Apr 27, 2016

got a 850w gold efficiency

culzone

Honorable
Apr 27, 2016

what do you mean? :O

culzone

Honorable
Apr 27, 2016

not much really just wanted to test it out, and I had 2 gtx 1080 laying around on the shelf. all I know is pretty much that im making 4 dollars per gtx 1080 at this time. But I guess in the long run it will go lower,lower,lower etc
Only using the program Nicehash atm, you got any good video or site where they cover alot about mining?