Question Asus BIOS not recognizing keyboard ?

FaolGamer

Prominent
May 7, 2020
Hello,

I have an ASUS P8P67 Pro keyboard. Up until yesterday, my pc was turning on. All of a sudden, I am getting a Megatrends message that told me to load into BIOS. Only problem is that my Corsair keyboard and my back keyboard aren't registering. I can't get into the BIOS because the USB ports aren't enabled to read. I have no idea haow to fix this. It may be that my HDD has failed, but I can't do anything because I can't get into my BIOS. Any suggestions/help would be awesome. Thanks. (Sorry if this is the wrong section.)

Lutfij

Titan
Asus never made a keyboard of that model, they did however make a motherboard in that very same model! Jokes aside, have you tried disconnecting the system from wall and the monitor, pressing the power button for 30 seconds and then removing the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes before replacing it, to power up? You might want to mention the model of your Corsair keyboard as well as the backup keyboard.

You can rule out your HDD being the faulty device by disconnecting it from your system before powering up, and see if the keyboard comes back to life. Also, how old is the PSU in your build? Make and model of said PSU in said build?

FaolGamer

Prominent
May 7, 2020
My keyboard is a Corsair K100 and the other one is just a cheap brand I bought as a backup. My PSU is about 10 years old, but runs fine. It was a high end model at the time. I am going to try replacing the CMOS battery today. Hopefully, that is all it is. If not, I am going to take it to a local shop that repair PCs because I am not that great with diagnosing the problem. Thanks for the suggestions.