ASUS BIOS recognizes all drives but will not boot any of them

R3ALPATRIOT

Honorable
May 24, 2013
As the title says I relaced my cpu motherboard and ram in my pc, so all of my drives have remained the same. I have tried plugging in only the boot drive and numerous configurations with my sata cables, but my ssd is never shown as a boot option; I have also disabled safe boot to no avail.
bHgBPN.jpg
PqPPXE.jpg

Solution
Notice the "RAID" on your screen shot?

Is the motherboard configured to expect a RAID setup? If the old SSD was not part of a RAID, enabling the raid will make the drive unrecognized, unbootable, etc.

I would unplugg all other drives from the motherboard and limit it to just your boot drive, if you are testing to see if the system can boot.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
Notice the "RAID" on your screen shot?

Is the motherboard configured to expect a RAID setup? If the old SSD was not part of a RAID, enabling the raid will make the drive unrecognized, unbootable, etc.

I would unplugg all other drives from the motherboard and limit it to just your boot drive, if you are testing to see if the system can boot.

Solution

R3ALPATRIOT

Honorable
May 24, 2013

It is not expecting RAID I will disable that,and I have already tried the whole unplugging thing

R3ALPATRIOT

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Not a clean install I'm just upgrading my CPU already have all of my stuff on the samsung SSDS

R3ALPATRIOT

Honorable
May 24, 2013

The RAID was the problem thank you you beautiful bastard