ASUS BIOS refuses to boot from UEFI flash drive w/ rufus

Oct 26, 2018
I've installed tails operating system on multiple flash drives using rufus, I've tried default settings and different formats like NTFS and FAT but nothing works, I've messed with boot priorities and the boot menu in BIOS but everytime I completely disable windows bootmanager so it forces it to boot from my usb it just goes right back to the bios menu, otherwise it will just go to normal windows startup. I have no idea whats wrong. please help me

Windows 10 64bit
Asus M5A97 R2.0

Oct 26, 2018

the operating system i have is windows 10, the one im trying to boot from is called tails, and rufus says target system is UEFI or BIOS when I format

Oct 26, 2018
Ok so I wasn't do anything wrong formatting the flash drives, I re-looked into the settings and apparently my bios has this thing called CSM (compatibility support module) so once I found it I was pretty sure that was the problem because I think when I installed windows 7 a ways back I had some sort of problem with it, anyway theres about 4 or 5 settings you can configure to UEFI, BIOS Legacy or you can just do both, and some of them were set to strictly UEFI for some reason so what I did is I just went through each one of the settings and set them to both and that fixed the problem, thanks for everyone who helped

TRENDING THREADS