Asus Blitz Enigm-err Formula

blackwolf99

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
I've read about 500 reviews on this "mystery" board Asus Blitz Formula, every single one says it is the best ddr2,p35,etc mobo out there. But for some reason, I can't seem to purchase it anywhere. When I say anywhere, I actually mean ANYWHERE. Online stores - 0, eBay - 0, shady dude across the street - 0, retail outlets - 0.

I've seen the Maximus Formula, but there aren't many professional reviews on it (at least, that I've found). Is the Maximus series a replacement series for the Blitz? If so, why did so many companies and emags do reviews on the Blitz? The boards look completely different, are they the same quality? And if every review says the Blitz Formula is the best board out there, why did they need to discontinue it or replace the model? (If that's what happened)

I'm completely confused, which is nothing new. Does anyone have any useful info for me? I always thought Asus was the best quality, but maybe there is another brand that is getting better in the mobo department? Has DFI been releasing better quality lately? Any thoughts?

Thanks, in advance!

-B

ASUS BLITZ FORMULA is an awesome P35 board with DDR2 support + CrossFire @ dual 8x mode + 1333MHZ CPU and 45nm CPU support
reviews:
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=451
http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/Asus_Blitz_Formula_and_Extreme_P35_Motherboards/

ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA is a X38 board + DDR2 support + CrossFire @ dual 16x mode+ 1333MHZ CPU and 45nm CPU support

X38 isnt a replacement for P35 , because:
1_The difference isnt much(in specs, X38 supports PCI-E 2.0, P35 supports it two but not @ full bandwidth)
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboards/display/20070817093804.html
2_The difference between dual 8x crossfire and dual 16x crossfire isnt very much either

blackwolf99

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Ahh, so Maximus series is X38, Blitz is P35. Makes sense, I obviously didn't look at the Maximus specs all that closely.

So thats good, Maximus is not a replacement for Blitz, thank you...

Now my confusion is compounded. :( Where are you supposed to buy these Blitz Formula boards? And how come they aren't even listed at Newegg? They don't even sell the Extreme. I find it hard to believe EVERY place would be out of stock for almost two weeks. If it was some no-name, POS board, I could see it being finished before it started... But this is an Asus board that has rave reviews plastered ALL over the Internet. How long ago was the board released? Not even 3 months? Is that the new lifetime of a motherboard model? Ugh...

Doesn't really matter HOW good a motherboard is, if you can't get it. They need to can all those articles and start doing reviews on stuff you can buy. I wasted days and days reading reviews. :( Lame

-B

blackwolf99

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Here is a quote from MotherboardPro.com...

"
Hello Brian and thank you for contacting us. Asus replaced the Blitz production with the Maximus. They only made a certain quantity because the X38 release was so close. We probably will not be getting any more stock in on the Blitz’s. If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Thank you-

www.MotherboardPro.com
"

Who is right? :p My confusion deepens... As usual.

-B

blackwolf99

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Well that was really cool of all those magazines and Tom's Hardware to review the Blitz as if you could buy it... They didn't really have the room in all their super cool reviews to add a sentence "By the way, this is a limited board and you can't buy it". I guess they did all those reviews just for the people who already had the board. That was nice of them :) To compare notes I guess, eh? Really frickin smooth move.

That is well beyond the realm of irritating, within the realm of aggravating, and approaching lunacy... Blueballin bastards

-B