[SOLVED] Asus CG8270 and i5 3570K

Aug 5, 2020
Hello, I have an old Asus CG8270 which has an OEM version of the H77 chipset. On the motherboard it says "P8H77-M PRO" but it seems to have some limitations such as a BIOS of its own.

It came with an i5 3450 and I am trying to upgrade to an i5 3570k, but it just does not seem to function. I have tried a lot of things but I get no display signal with the 3570k installed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Solution
Hello, I have an old Asus CG8270 which has an OEM version of the H77 chipset. On the motherboard it says "P8H77-M PRO" but it seems to have some limitations such as a BIOS of its own.

It came with an i5 3450 and I am trying to upgrade to an i5 3570k, but it just does not seem to function. I have tried a lot of things but I get no display signal with the 3570k installed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
My thoughts are that it should be a drop in because it uses the same BIOS.
Perhaps there is something wrong with it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
My thoughts are that it should be a drop in because it uses the same BIOS.
Perhaps there is something wrong with it.

Reactions: staphan
Solution