[SOLVED] ASUS Chassis Intrude! Please Check your system Fatal Error... System halted.

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
Hi!

A desktop I'm working on has started having a very weird issue and can't seem to solve it!

The system is running an ASUS P8Q77-M/BM6675/DP_MB motherboard along with:
i7 3770
16GB DDR3 1600MHz
240GB SSD
2TB HDD
GTX 745 (ONLY WHEN ON THE TEST BENCH)

The system is a an ASUS prebuilt BP6375 with upgrades.

When turning the system on closed it has the error "Chassis Intrude! Please Check your system Fatal Error... System halted."
I opened the system and I have checked to ensure the case sensor connector is plugged in but the issue was the same.
I decided to test the system outside the case on a test bench with an ATX powersupply and different CPU cooler. I shorted the chassis intrusion pin with a jumper but the issue is still happening.
Reaching the BIOS is impossible unless I take out and reset the CMOS battery. Then instead of the error it brings up an F1 to setup message when turning it on. I updated the BIOS to the newest release via USB but that didn't solve the issue either. I made sure that TPM features are disabled so it wouldn't cause any issues.
I managed to boot into Windows once by resetting the CMOS and then choosing a USB bootable Windows 10 installer, installing Windows onto an SSD I attached and it booted in. I restarted the system thinking that may have fixed it but as I'm here you can probably guess that outcome...

I'm starting to wonder if the motherboard is faulty. No matter what I do the issue is the same. According to the P8Q77-M manual, shorting the chassis intrusion pin with a jumper will disable the feature but clearly that doesn't seem to be the case.
Looking at other examples of this motherboard, almost all have the jumper installed. I am really confused what is causing the issue, any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
I'm leaning on that it's the motherboard.
Shorting that switch should get rid of that error.
I short that switch on different machines pretty often and I've never had it not work that I can recall.