Asus Chromebit CS10 Brings Chrome OS To Any Monitor Or TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomstar

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
compare to intel compute stick? seeing similar devices for not much more with BT, x86 quad core, 32 gb storage and SD slot, etc , with windows 8/10 full os and office365..

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
It's on pair with Intel compute stick in performance (real usage like Web browsing). It's still better solution for Linux and Android & it can serve very well as Multimedia center thanks to very well support in Kodi. It can decently handle Android games. Pricing could have been & lower but still you get a lot bang for the bucks that is if you don't use it with Chrome OS.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
It's on pair with Intel compute stick in performance (real usage like Web browsing). It's still better solution for Linux and Android

Why is it a better solution than the Compute Stick, which uses an x86 chip and therefore allows you to install all the main Linux distros and not just ones that have ARM builds?

Then you didn't have a very good computer :p

Word. Even an Atom netbook is more powerful than this.

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013

Well you will have only one or two Ubuntu builds with this rock chip to start with but for regular user that's enough. It's much more capable/supported for video decoding. Even open drivers for MALI are bad it's still better GPU (T760 MP4). On Android it wins in every way. On stick it will overheat & throttle much less as it's more efficient.

At the end it's not slower than Atom at least for what it's intended to be used.
http://www.omgchrome.com/asus-c201-chromebook-rockchip-benchmark-processor-benchmarks/
& this whose before native NaCl suport for ARMv7.

bliq

Distinguished
Why is it a better solution than the Compute Stick, which uses an x86 chip and therefore allows you to install all the main Linux distros and not just ones that have ARM builds?
What makes it better is that if ChromeOS meets your needs, its far lighter and will be more performant than full blown windows or linux. The key phrase being "if ChromeOS meets your needs", which applies to probably 95% of all computing needs and hence users. I've deployed ChromeOS pretty widey among my family and even for my needs, as a systems engineer for a cloud computing company, ChromeOS is sufficient for probably 80-90% of what I do (though I use a MBP for that last 20% due to not wanting to carry multiple devices).

H2Yu

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
Would be a good idea for old TV upgrades, at least, with YouTube in large screens is real wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.