• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Asus crosshair 8 hero driver issues stopcodes

Jun 29, 2020
Hello, I am having an annoying issue with my computer, every few days or so, my computer blue screens. I’ve had this issue for the past couple months. It started with an update from asus armory crate. There was a lot of issues and my computer’s stability deteriorated quickly to blue screening on log in. I had my computer taken to fry’s electronics twice, both times the operating system hard drive. I thought it was an issue with my blue tooth device, so I disabled it in the device menu, but I’m starting to think that's not the case.

The other day my computer blue screened hard on startup and startup repair was initiated on my device. It was successful. But due to events that happened before my computer was reset. I’m fearing that any day my computer will lock up again. Here is a link to drop box with the data recorded from my blue screen viewer. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b3kqqm7wqclhxld/AACeX0jz_xl8lurJmOGuhHuqa?dl=0

I do have the disk with the motherboard drivers so I believe I can reset them. The blue screen only seems to be happening on computer startup. Im not sure if I just drop the disk in, that it will just reinstall the factory drivers. At the current time my computer is bluescreening more frequently. My internet driver cut out completely when running and I had to restart the computer. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated. I just built my computer last October using higher end consumer hardware.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS