[SOLVED] Asus Crosshair Hero VI - Power to board, no QLED, won't boot.

Nov 26, 2020
Added two new sticks of Trident Z ram last night to my board. Shut it down and everything, of course, prior to install. Went to boot, but system refused.

Today - Tore watercooling and everything apart and stripped to barebones. Tried multiple ezflash bios attempts. Tried booting with one stick of ram in both A1 and B1 slots. Removed CMOS battery and reinstalled. Nothing. The board is still lighting up but there is no QLED and the computer will not boot. PSU is fine, it was checked. Original 2 sticks of ram are functioning, haven't bothered with the other two and haven't tested boot with them. All cables are snug and fine, nothing loose. I've tried every trick I can think of. What am I missing? Board appears to be completely bricked but maybe I'm missing something. Wanted to reach out before I just shoved out the money for a new board.

Asus Crosshair Hero VI
RTX 2070 Super
Trident Z 3200 DDR4
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Thanks all!

Solution
Took it out for 30 and still nothing. Trust me, I'm just as stumped about it. The ram sticks and the PSU all checked out fine on the test system I set up for them, so it's obviously something with the board itself. No idea what it did, but it bricked hard. I even tried flashing it back to the first compatible BIOS for my chip and it still didn't register. When I break things, I tend to break them good. Few months ago my other computer had a shorted mobo and I didn't realize it until it burned out my waterpump and I was running some crazy numbers. Thanks for the thoughts though. At this point, it could be anything.
May I suggest a wrist clip, which I own with a kit for pc building, when installing your new motherboard? Good luck...
Nov 26, 2020
Have you tried it with the old memory sticks?

Yes. Went as far as trying it with only 1 stick of the old ram as well, first in B2 then in A2. Nothing has worked. I ordered a Crosshair VIII and it should be here Monday. I'll most likely RMA the Crosshair VI board. With the QLED not working but all other lights turning on, I'm willing to bet there's a short somewhere.

Nov 26, 2020
Last thing I can think of is removing the motherboard battery for ten minutes and seeing if it resets.
Took it out for 30 and still nothing. Trust me, I'm just as stumped about it. The ram sticks and the PSU all checked out fine on the test system I set up for them, so it's obviously something with the board itself. No idea what it did, but it bricked hard. I even tried flashing it back to the first compatible BIOS for my chip and it still didn't register. When I break things, I tend to break them good. Few months ago my other computer had a shorted mobo and I didn't realize it until it burned out my waterpump and I was running some crazy numbers. Thanks for the thoughts though. At this point, it could be anything.

May I suggest a wrist clip, which I own with a kit for pc building, when installing your new motherboard? Good luck let me know how it goes.

Solution