Asus Crosshair IV Formula + FX6200 crashing

Sep 19, 2018
Hi, I have a problem with my asus crosshair iv formula and an fx6200, it keeps on crashing after like 15-16 minutes after booting into windows 10, it has the beta 3029 bios installed and I don't know what might be causing this. Detailed-ish pc specs:
AMD FX-6200
Asus Radeon R9 270x 2GB
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Coolermaster 750W 80+ Bronze PSU
Segate 500GB HDD (games)
ADATA 120GB SSD (system)
SilentiumPC Regnum RG1 case
SilentiumPC Spartan 3 LT cpu cooler

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Core temps? GPU temps?
I'd first run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions to eliminate many software conflicts and registry errors. Then disable as much stuff in the Tray as you can to eliminate conflicts with those pgms. If the temps are good and the CCleaner run doesn't help, you might have a failing component; HDD, SSD, gxf card, PSU... It would be a matter of eliminating them one by one to see if the problem goes away.

Was the board new or used when you got it?

Sep 19, 2018
the temps when using prime95 never went above 70*C, the board was purchased used (cpu too), I'd doubt that doing a registry clean will fix anything as it was crashing even on a clean installation of windows. ssd is new, hdd, gpu, psu worked in a a10 5800k system before just fine

Sep 19, 2018
I only have one 8gb stick
and I reinstalled windows from 10 to 7 and it seems like the problem is gone
so maybe because the drivers were installed in the compatibility mode it was crashing