ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

adriabb

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
I'm planning to buy an ASUS Crosshair IV Formula together with an AMD Phenom II X4 965. My aim when taking this step is to be ready for the future and to run the CPU permanently overclocked.

I have chosen the AM3 platform because it seems that it will stay with us for a long time and I will be able to upgrade in the future (this is why I also appreciate SATA-2 and USB 3.0 support); on the other hand I will go with ASUS because I've heard that they are easy to overclock (I must confess I've never done it yet) and this motherboard is specially designed to make it.

So, what do you think about my ideas? Is this motherboard worth it's price (in Spain, 200€) taking in consideration my intentions?

Extra question: What kind of memory would you buy? I'm planning to overclock it too using the capacities of the board.

Thank you very much in advance,

Adrià

PD: Sorry if I have made any spelling mistakes and please take care of me and try to simplify a little bit your expressions in english ;-)

Well,ASUS ROG series,tend to have better cooling that non-ROG series and usually OC better.
As for RAM,i would recommend going with a DDR3 1333Mhz RAM with CL7/8 timings,brands like Corsair,Geil,G.Skill... are good