Question Asus Crosshair ROG Hero VIII

Mathew6877

Honorable
Oct 26, 2015
Last December, I purchased a 5600x, Asus ROG Crosshair hero VIII wifi, and 32gbs of 3600mhz gskill ram. I have a custom loop pc. I ran it for about a month without touching anything in the bios. After a month or so, I enabled DOCP and PBO. It ran perfect for 9 mos. I use it for gaming and that's it. It runs 1-2 hours a day during the week and 10-15 hours on the weekend. I shut it off when not using it. About a month ago, I started it up and it wasn't connected to the internet and it restarted on its own. It would make to the Asus ROG screen and freeze. I would reset it. It would try to repair and freeze at the Asus ROG screen. I cleared the cmos and updated the bios. I left it at the stock settings and it ran for about a month. I enabled DOCP and PBO. It ran for about 3 hours. Again, I started it up and no internet. It then restarted and froze at the Asus ROG screen again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: MEMOFLEX

Lutfij

Titan
Could you please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

For greater context, please mention the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model if it's been in service for a while. BIOS version for your motherboard will help us two fold.

A side note, did you clear CMOS after your BIOS udpate?

Mathew6877

Honorable
Oct 26, 2015
CPU: Ryzen 5600x am4
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair hero VIII wifi
Ram: 32 gbs of g.skill c16 3600 mhz ram
SSD/HDD: Samsung 256 gb 970 evo m.2, Samsung 256 gb SSD, Samsung 512 gb ssd
GPU: EVGA 2080 super hydro copper
PSU: Corsair ax1000i (2016 purchase date)
Chassis: 900d corsair
Monitor: Alienware 2521 240hz
Bios: 4201

PC has a custom loop on CPU and GPU.
Psu is from 2016. I run the PC every day. I shut it off when done playing games. It doesn't run 24/7.
I didn't clear CMOS after bios update. I cleared it before I did bios update with Rev 4201.