Asus crosshair v formula-z w/FX 8350 won't post

gjo69

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I bought motherboard and chip brand new except the chip box was opened. Fry's as usual sold it as new. I got home and dicovered cpu seal was broken. They said all returns are tested. I put it all together and it will not post. I've tried everything and the BIOS is the latest. I pulled everything out except the video card. Really don't think that would have any affect. Deep breaths when I return this. Any thoughts?

tmagness

Honorable
May 7, 2013

I'm having the same issue with this motherboard, i can't get it to post. i've even pulled the video card, I can't get it to post at all.. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Matthew Collette

Honorable
May 14, 2013

Hello, I have a similar issue, I have the Same motherboard and processor. I built it myself, it boots fine, works fine. I just cant get into the bios. I hit the corresponding keys to get into it but it just freezez and i have to manually pull out power and boot it up again. Strange... boots to windows....

can someone direct me where to fix and how to fix?

Try clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes). When powering up, the system will wait for F1. See if it does work. I guess that when you firstly started the PC, you were able to enter BIOS to change date and other settings, or not?

Matthew Collette

Honorable
May 14, 2013

No it doesn't work, really makes no sense? PC works fine.. I just know, one day ill need to get into it and i'll be up $*it creek... I wonder if I bug AMD they'll send me another BIOS? I called them once and the support guy told me to clear CMOS and pull battery unplug AC ETC.. he suggested getting a new BIOS, BUT I'd have to pay for it... :( dumb...

Suferbus

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
That is why ASrock is a better company with better motherboards. It is not that their product is any better, but their customer service is extraordinary!! Every time I have needed new bios chips for any of my ASrock motherboards, all I have to do is call ASrock tech and they send me one right away.......Not to mention I have not had any issues with any of my mobos from ASrock....Something to think about because great customer service goes along way!!

G

Hey hey hey everybodeeey! :p I'm new in here, I just joined to the comunity just to tell you how to fix this bad and annoying problem cuz I used to have the goddamned same one and I was like OHHHHH COME ON WTF?!! :mad:

MAKE SURE you have your 8Pin ATX CPU connected also de 4Pin, I mean, you should better have the 8 and 4 pin ATX CPU connected to your motherboard because that stabilizes better your whole system!

It's very simple, you just have to enter here: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULAZ/#support and clic on Driver & Tools, then download the BIOS 1901 to an empty pendrive, rename the file to C5FZ.CAP and plug it to the only white USB port back in the back of your towercase with the system turnt-off (IMG OF THAT WHITE USB PORT: http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/crosshair-v-formula-z-reario.jpg), turn turn on your PC, press F2 and DEL repeatedly like you were dying xD load the optimised default settings and reboot again. After that go to TOOL and clic on ASUS EZ Flash Z Utility, next select the USB device that contains the BIOS data and press ENTER and OK and wait just a lil bit til the system installs the new BIOS. Do you want to read this file? Hell yeah, you do! Do you really want to update? Yes, you do too.

After the reboot you may have an Error Message: "CPU Fan Error!" Do you know what? It doesn't matter, just don't play attention to that messege, just press F1.

NOTE 1: If you still having post problems it may be the DRAM Voltage, check how many voltage do your RAMS Sticks needs and set it on the BIOS at Extreme Tweaker almost at the end of the list.

Note 2: If you still having CPU Fan Error! go to BIOS>Monitor>Fan Speed Monitor>CPU Fan Speed>and set it to IGNORE. You may say why? Simple, if you have watercooling the Motherboard doesn't recognize it at the booting.

And that's all guys, wish you good luck ;)

Tyrakz.-

G

ASRock is better company than ASUS? PFF HAHAHA Yeah, you are right fanboy, that's a good answer for solve the issue dude ;)

Guys now Eurocase has better power supplies than SeaSonic, did you know that? XD My God...

Tyrakz

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014

ASRock is better company than ASUS? PFF HAHAHA Yeah, you are right fanboy, that's a good answer for solve the issue dude ;)

Guys now Eurocase has better power supplies than SeaSonic, did you know that? XD My God...

Tyrakz

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
Hey hey hey everybodeeey! :p I'm new in here, I just joined to the comunity just to tell you how to fix this bad and annoying problem cuz I used to have the goddamned same one and I was like OHHHHH COME ON WTF?!! :mad:

MAKE SURE you have your 8Pin ATX CPU connected also de 4Pin, I mean, you should better have the 8 and 4 pin ATX CPU connected to your motherboard because that stabilizes better your whole system!

It's very simple, you just have to enter here: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/CROSSHAIR_V_FORMULAZ/#... and clic on Driver & Tools, then download the BIOS 1901 to an empty pendrive, rename the file to C5FZ.CAP and plug it to the only white USB port back in the back of your towercase with the system turnt-off (IMG OF THAT WHITE USB PORT: http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/crosshai...), turn turn on your PC, press F2 and DEL repeatedly like you were dying xD load the optimised default settings and reboot again. After that go to TOOL and clic on ASUS EZ Flash Z Utility, next select the USB device that contains the BIOS data and press ENTER and OK and wait just a lil bit til the system installs the new BIOS. Do you want to read this file? Hell yeah, you do! Do you really want to update? Yes, you do too.

After the reboot you may have an Error Message: "CPU Fan Error!" Do you know what? It doesn't matter, just don't play attention to that messege, just press F1.

NOTE 1: If you still having post problems it may be the DRAM Voltage, check how many voltage do your RAMS Sticks needs and set it on the BIOS at Extreme Tweaker almost at the end of the list.

Note 2: If you still having CPU Fan Error! go to BIOS>Monitor>Fan Speed Monitor>CPU Fan Speed>and set it to IGNORE. You may say why? Simple, if you have watercooling the Motherboard doesn't recognize it at the booting.

And that's all guys, wish you good luck ;)

Tyrakz.-

Suferbus

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013

Ya that is a perfect solution to the problem---If you don't buy junk, you don't get junk results---You get what you pay for, and I have owned/purchased/built gaming p.c.'s with mobo's from every manufacture out there and I know for a fact ASROCK has the best product, mainly because of their customer service---Most companies make equal products to ASROCKS, but when it comes to customer service ASROCK is the only company that offers any type of US Based help that does not suck, and does not cost

gjo69

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009

gjo69

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
My problem is fixed a short time after my post. Easy fix. Some idiot at Fry's put a returned fried cpu back on the shelf. You people who buy boards that sit on a shelf have to update the bios. Not the companies fault. Check the date in bios, everything is in the pamphlet that comes with the board. READ IT!