Question Asus Crosshair VI Hero - 02 code after about 2 years use

Jan 20, 2020
Hello, I've had my PC for about 2 and a half years and it's gone smoothly up until today. I turned my PC on and everything worked fine, except for the fact that the max resolution was 640x480 all of a sudden and it was greyed out. I thought to update my drivers and updated to the latest version of AMD Radeon (Adrenaline 2020). It updated fine, but still the same.

I restarted my PC and then I got the error code 02, I can't get into BIOS and I can't load into Windows anymore, I just get the error code 02 and no display.

I'm also getting a weird fan noise now upon turning off as well and I've never heard that before...

Any ideas?

YouTube video of code / turn off sound: Video

EDIT: Full spec as requested

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero
CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580
RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 W Gold G2 Series PC Power Supply Unit

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020
I've just replaced the graphics card with a brand new one and still the same issue of error code 02. Though I don't have the weird noise as heard on the end of the video anymore... Tried a different HDMI cable too.

Aug 7, 2020
Hi @stuart94 ,

Did you get any resolution to this problem?

I started getting the exact same issue since yesterday, I have contacted the support desk, but would like to know if you resolved this issue as well.

Jan 20, 2020
Hi @CrystalBlur

I'm sorry to say that I did not get this fixed, I tried a new graphics card, and a new CPU and the error still persisted, at this point I really needed to get my PC up and running again so ended up just building a new one.

Sorry that I can't help further, I think it must have been a motherboard issue since like I said I tried a new CPU and GPU.

I hope you manage to come to a solution with tech support :)