[SOLVED] Asus Crosshair VIII Hero Universally Backordered?

Jun 4, 2020
Have you seen Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi or not) available anywhere that isn't price-gouging for it? Have found zero availability for this motherboard and most PSUs in the past week.

Solution
Just about any X570 motherboard under $600 is out of stock (except ITX) at websites you can trust. Over the course of two weeks I had to cancel 3 boards that the telephone salespersons swore were in stock before lucking into getting an ASRock Phantom Gaming X on Newegg to go with my 3900X. It replaced my Hero VII wifi and 2700X. You just have to check websites early each day to see if they got anything in overnight and hope it isn't all presold.
Jun 4, 2020
Virginia.

Was able to find it available on Amazon in early July, as you mentioned. Ordered it. Expected delivery is now mid-June. Good times.

Last edited:
Reactions: beers

mickrc3

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
Just about any X570 motherboard under $600 is out of stock (except ITX) at websites you can trust. Over the course of two weeks I had to cancel 3 boards that the telephone salespersons swore were in stock before lucking into getting an ASRock Phantom Gaming X on Newegg to go with my 3900X. It replaced my Hero VII wifi and 2700X. You just have to check websites early each day to see if they got anything in overnight and hope it isn't all presold.

Solution

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
It's not just motherboards... Video cards, power supplies, PC cases... Everything made in China is just about gone from the market. Most the the Chinese manufacturers shut down because of the COVID-19 pandemic. People do not realize that the Chinese Communist Party has stopped reporting any COVID-19 news in the country. While websites show that China has remarkably few new cases, in reality the virus is running rampant in China and the government does not want the world to know that they do not have it under control. A number of large cities have been placed under quarantine and millions are probably out of work...