Asus D1 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying this Asus desknote (D1). I would like to
know if the Toshiba 40 GB HDD 7200 RPM works on it. The Asus site
mentions the upper limit of 40 GB for this desknote but does not
mention an upper limit for RPM. Is there any?

Thanks,

Dan

null_pointer

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2004

This doesn't mirror your situation exactly, but I recently upgraded my
Winbook Si drive due to a crash.

OLD DRIVE: Hitachi ATA 33/66 4200 RPM 512 KB buffer
NEW DRIVE: Hitachi ATA 100 5400 RPM 8 MB buffer

Works great....LOTS faster. I believe Winbook uses 440BX chipset with
ATA 33/66 interface. I'm probably not getting full potential out of
new drive due to connection to slower interface.

I doubt your desknote will know or care what the RPM of the drive is,
but your battery life (if you even use one) will probably go down.