Question Asus Dark Hero viii Motherboard question

richard203

Honorable
May 28, 2015
Hi i just got this motherboard and i saw that theres a small battery on the motherboard and was wondering whats its for? I will be posting more question on this thread when i install it.

alexbirdie

Notable
Feb 20, 2020
This is the CMOS-battery. The values, which you can enter/change in Bios are stored in a volatile memory-area in the BIOS-chip. And the battery is used to keep those values.

If it is removed, the bios-firmware can only use hardcoded default-values and no changes are possible.

Please look into user's manual. Answers to most of your questions can be found in it. And if you have further questions, whose answers you perhaps did not find, then feel free to post more questions.

Last edited:

richard203

Honorable
May 28, 2015
i have a question about the power supply and the usb c. so I installed the atx power supply on the side of the motherboard already but i saw on the manual it got a 12v power supply on the top left corner. do I plug another power supply on the top corner too? and what cable do i use to connect it? another question is my case come with a usb c front panel and i dont see any usb c header on the motherboard what do I do buy a usb 3.0 converter? thank you this is my first time building a pc myself sorry for some newb question.

richard203

Honorable
May 28, 2015
So I figure out that I ned to plug my psu cable labeled cpu 8pin connector into the atx12v_1 slot, now my question is do I need to add another cpu cable to the atx12v_2 slot which is 4 pin? I don’t have any more cpu cable that my psu come with, it only come with 1 cpu 8pin cable. Thanks again

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS