Asus Debuts 18.4" "Polished Aluminum" Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Glossy!!! Of course as useful as with high gloss screens, which this one seems to have too! Buy it for looks, and then put it away so nobody touches it. ;-)

mattclary

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]It looks luxurious and cool but thats about it... I thought these Aluminum casings have problems with heat issue[/citation]

In general, aluminum is a great conductor of heat, so usually helps, not hurts.

[citation][nom]Igot1forya[/nom]Up next, 24 Carrot Gold and then on to Platinum![/citation]

nah we can skip all those and go straight for solid cut artificial diamond case

still waiting on them to bring out cases we were promised with heat pipe radiators in the lid of the case...

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Ugly. Probably crippled with Windows too. No thx.[/citation]
I know you're just trolling, but I'm gonna go ahead and walk into your game.

Ugly? I like it, but then again, it's a matter of taste.

Crippled with Windows? Windows 7 is a fine OS that should do just well on a high-end laptop like this one. Anyway, if you were as 1337 as you seem to think you are, you would disregard the OS and install one of your choice.

To get back on topic : I like the speakers. They must sound way better than the little tweeters laptops usually have. They also serve a double purpose of protecting the side ports when the lid is closed. Aluminium is light and must also be good to spread the heat. The main drawback here are the fingerprints marks. Just like my stainless steel fridge.

boosterfire

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
The target audience must be doctors, serial killers or botanists... anyone who wear gloves. First person to invent printfree brushed aluminum gets the money (and patent), go!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
How do ideas this stupid ever make it into capable hands? You don't need to make a prototype to know that a polished aluminum casing is dumb. And who in the world thought it a great idea to have multiple track pads and put none of them in an actual convenient place to use? Was the goal from the start to make the most annoying laptop ever? Victory I assume because this has to be one of the dumbest laptop designs I have ever seen. I would be embarrassed to have my company name attached to that abortion of a computer.

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
If they're going to copy Apple they could at least do a better job in terms of the quality of the product. That thing looks cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.