ASUS Demos Glasses-Free 3D Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I read an article a month ago hinting at this release, and I must say that ASUS never ceases to amaze me. The only major question here will be the price. The current top end G53 is around $1,500. Another downside will likely be a reduction in the resolution, which is currently 1920x1080 on the top end G53. I suspect they'll use 1366x768 or 1600x900.

chichad

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
it is one thing to ceate such powerhouse machines and totally another when it comes to providing support when the computers have problems. Asus ranks at the bottom in terms of providing a post-sale customer service. My experience was such a nightmare where the morons at Fremont site took four different teams of technicians to diagnose a RAM fault in 35 days. Asus is a piece of garbage despite all its glitter.

G

ASUS might suck in customer support, but they've been number one in computer reliability/quality for many years now. Least hardware failure rates from all computer firms. Maybe that's why they chose to skim on customer support? Oh well, I'm a hardware enthusiast elitist - customer support usually gets my way.

I could go for a lot more info on this one. The article implies it's a regular HD 1920x1080 screen. But glasses free 3D is impossible of it's not some kind of special screen like the one on the 3DS. I really don't expect the tech behind it is nearly as "unique" as they claim.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]chichad[/nom]it is one thing to ceate such powerhouse machines and totally another when it comes to providing support when the computers have problems. Asus ranks at the bottom in terms of providing a post-sale customer service. My experience was such a nightmare where the morons at Fremont site took four different teams of technicians to diagnose a RAM fault in 35 days. Asus is a piece of garbage despite all its glitter.[/citation]
Strange because most statistics puts Asus ahead of most companies.

dioxholster

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
asus is probably the best out there for innovation and reliabilty. hope they keep it up, whoever is running that company should get a medal.

kayvonjoon

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Awesome . I'm definitely putting this on top of my buying list, if the price is good and what they're saying about the "uniqueness" is really true.

Status
Not open for further replies.