ASUS does not support WIN 7 on outdated board--to flash or not to flash?

Captainb157

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Breifly: Was running XP 32 bit on ASUS p5n32SLI se deluxe mobo for several years on updated/flashed bios. Following testing as recommended by threads/members, it was determined mobo died last month. Upgrade would be nice, but things being what they are right now, don't have disposable cash right no for new mobo, processor and RAM, especially in consideration that my computer did everything I wanted (play XP-7 PC games, of which I have about 11 I have yet to even open from box). So bought identical board off ebay. Original uses had never flashed--running off manufacturer orig BIOS. Things are running fine thus far, with the only difference being that I took a chance and installed WIN 7 32-bit, whcih is not supported officielly by ASUS on this outdated board. But again, running without problems this far on original BIOS. ASUS supports board up to WIN Vista. Should I flash to most updated BIOS version through Vista portal, or simply leave well enough alone? Leaning towards the latter, but opinions apprecited.

Captainb157

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS