[SOLVED] Asus dual oc 1660ti high temps?

Jun 8, 2019
I just built my first desktop 2 days ago with i5 9400f and asus dual oc 1660ti but when playing pubg at ultra my gpu goes around 88 C while my cpu goes 83 C max. Is this ok? Will this cause any problems?

Solution
What PSU do you have?

Vsync caps your FPS to your monitor's refresh rate so you don't get screen tearing. Enabling this in the game settings would help with that but also since it's capping the FPS the system won't get pushed as hard to run the game and thus you should get lower temps if this option is turned off in the game.

Ideally you want the CPU & GPU to be under 80C.
Jun 8, 2019
That's pretty warm, do you have vsync enabled in the game?

Also can you list your other parts?

Mobo : ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0
Ram : 2x8 GB crucial ballistix sport 2400mhz
Case : FRISBY GC-9250G GAMEMAX RAPTOR 650W
CPU : Intel Core i5 9400F Socket 1151 2.9GHz 9MB
SSD : Kingston 480GB A400
Gpu : ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti DUAL OC GDDR6 6GB 192Bit Nvidia

I have no idea what vsync is but it is off.

WildCard999

Titan
What PSU do you have?

Vsync caps your FPS to your monitor's refresh rate so you don't get screen tearing. Enabling this in the game settings would help with that but also since it's capping the FPS the system won't get pushed as hard to run the game and thus you should get lower temps if this option is turned off in the game.

Solution
Jun 8, 2019
What PSU do you have?

The case has a built in 650W PSU. I'll try with vsync and capped frame rate and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.