[SOLVED] Asus dual Rtx 2060s oc 8gb Evo problems

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
Please can somebody help me.
I've got a rtx 2060s and im at the stage of pulling my hair out. I thought maybe it was running at 1440 but even at 1080 I'm getting low fps, screen tearing and shader problems on a lot of games. Actually worse than my old 1050ti. It's a new build with a new SSD and fresh windows install so I've ruled out old driver conflict.

in Nvidia control panel there's options to let the 3d application decide on settings or let Nvidia decide and then there's game ready driver's that I thought would override everything?

or maybe the cards buggered? It's says in the specs 1750mhz boost clock but system info is registering GPU clock at 2100mhz also with a peak power draw of 180w! Am I correct in thinking between the pcie port and single 8 pin connector the maximum power output is 150w?

Solution
One 8-pin connector can go up to 150W on its own, so combined with the PCIe slot's power it should be fine. You may want to try using Afterburner to decrease that frequency just to see if it helps.

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
One 8-pin connector can go up to 150W on its own, so combined with the PCIe slot's power it should be fine. You may want to try using Afterburner to decrease that frequency just to see if it helps.

Solution

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020

Thanks for the reply, I think I've cocked up on the PSU it says 6+2 pin! I'll try afterburner and see if that helps and order a new psu. Thanks.

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
A 6+2 pin PCIe cable is normal, it has that so that you can use it with both 8-pin and 6-pin connections with one cable.

Ok thanks I took your advice and lowered my GPU core a couple of times. Now it's set to 1500mhz my GPU is running much cooler and much smoother also my CPU temp has dropped a bit so has it's usage. I've got the FPS limited to 60 and it's staying steady at 60. Also GPU power draw is now around 145w. Thanks for your help. I was worried because I read that the 6+2 pin pcie connector is rated for 75w only but if you say it's ok I'll take your word for it. Thanks again your a legend.