ASUS DUAL RTX 2080 TI OC compared to competition?

shen.matt92

Commendable
Aug 4, 2018
I know most don't have or don't want to get an RTX 2080 TI but I happened to pick one up yesterday at my local computer store. This was the only edition available, so it was my only choice. I do happen to like the specs and features a lot though. But upon researching more, I found ASUS has a triple fan version and of course there are other brands like EVGA. How do ASUS cards hold up in general?

So even though a lot of you guys don't own one, based on your experiences with past GPU's should I worry other 2080 TI's will be better than mine somehow? Most are the same price so I don't want to regret this purchase after the return policy has ended. I heard a bunch will start appearing near the holidays, true?

The ASUS triple fan version has a higher clock of only 15MHz but I plan to OC anyway using software. My main concern is two things:

1) I heard power is different on different cards, more power allows more OC

2) Cooling. The triple fan edition may cool better? Then again the dual fan edition has bigger fans and according to ASUS this "wing-blade" fan tech is superior to axial, which the tri-fan edition uses.

Any insight?

Also this is unrelated but dont want to make another thread, is it really that bad using EZ OC in BIOS or XMP? Ive NO idea how to manually OC but if its really better Im willing to learn. Also, is it beneficial to use two power cables instead of one on a GPU? Thanks in advance.

If needed my specs are:

EVGA Closed Loop Cooler PWM mode (I think its @ full speed, unless full is only enabled in DC?)
i7 8700K @ 4.7GHz
ASRock Z370 PRO 4
16GB G. Skill @ 3000MHz XMP

BringerOfTea

Reputable
XMP is needed for getting the 3000 mhz ram speed your sticks are rated for. there is no worries here.

haven't seen a review of the dual RTX Ti, doubt there will be much difference than any other aftermarket cooler.

Auto voltage on CPU will make it go a bit hotter that locking the voltage with a manual overclock. Im autoing on my 6700K... but thats mainly because I dont want to use time get it stale.