[SOLVED] Asus Dual RX580-8G flickering artefacts

Solution
I used to sell these cards - if cooling is ok, the number one reason for artifacts is the driver. The number of times I had people reporting issues after they had installed the latest Adrenalin drivers from AMD was shocking. Best thing to do is let Windows install the drivers for you. They are almost always stable.
Jan 25, 2020
I already tried reinstalling the drivers a couple of times. The Flickering basically applies to any game that does 3D rendering... Cities: Skylines (see video), Mudrunner, Disco Elysium... The problem certainly is not in the games themselves... 2D games like Banner Saga or Darkwood are unaffected.

Jan 25, 2020
I already tried reinstalling the drivers a couple of times. The Flickering basically applies to any game that does 3D rendering... Cities: Skylines (see video), Mudrunner, Disco Elysium... The problem certainly is not in the games themselves... 2D games like Banner Saga or Darkwood are unaffected.
Well here are the lists of things you should check
1. GPU clocks
2.the ports if they are damaged
  1. Damaged cable of hdmi/DVI or displayport or damage of GPU cables power
  2. Cable not properly secured : GPU power cables and hdmi or displayport fable
Chek

pstanley99

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
I used to sell these cards - if cooling is ok, the number one reason for artifacts is the driver. The number of times I had people reporting issues after they had installed the latest Adrenalin drivers from AMD was shocking. Best thing to do is let Windows install the drivers for you. They are almost always stable.

Solution
Jan 25, 2020
Eventually my friend who sold me the used card gave me another one instead. It uses the same chip (RX580 - 8G), but it is marked as Sapphire instead of Asus. I put it in and it ran great, no artefacts whatsoever. We will try to get a refund on the faulty one.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ok, yeah, the Toughpower is a good one. I was just concerned if maybe you had a PSU that was of lesser quality, and somehow, the Asus RX580 was pulling slightly more power than the Sapphire, and that slight extra power draw might have been just enough to push it over the edge.

Should be fine.