Asus Eee Keyboard Pushed Back to October

Status
Not open for further replies.

dauthus

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Who is even in the market for a $400-500 keyboard? IMO, this ranks up there in overpriced useless peripherals with the killer K1 network card.
Looks like a mac keyboard too with the anodized aluminum.

G

You're paying a surplus solely because it's a newer design.
I expect prices of this device to fall to $300 after a year or so...

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dauthus[/nom]Who is even in the market for a $400-500 keyboard? IMO, this ranks up there in overpriced useless peripherals with the killer K1 network card. Looks like a mac keyboard too with the anodized aluminum.[/citation]

dauthus - Don't forget that this device is supposed to be operatable as a fully functional PC.

I will be interested to see Tom's review when it's released...reminds me somewhat of the slew of 'internet' appliances that came out in the early part of this decade. Maybe I can grandma to upgrade finally!

teeth_03

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
[citation][nom]Major7up[/nom]dauthus - Don't forget that this device is supposed to be operatable as a fully functional PC.I will be interested to see Tom's review when it's released...reminds me somewhat of the slew of 'internet' appliances that came out in the early part of this decade. Maybe I can grandma to upgrade finally![/citation]

From the sounds of it,I dont think he knows theres an Atom CPU inside of it. He thinks its just another keyboard...

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]dauthus[/nom]Who is even in the market for a $400-500 keyboard? IMO, this ranks up there in overpriced useless peripherals with the killer K1 network card. Looks like a mac keyboard too with the anodized aluminum.[/citation]

Uh, it's a computer... in a keyboard. I'm not at all interested in it but if it had some wireless HDMI built in and came with a receiver I would be all over it.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Even though this is out of my price range for a comp I am curious as to what OS it will have on it. I did some research and this is what I have found as far as the specs go:
"The keyboard is packing a 5-inch built-in display, a 1.6 GHz Atom processor, 1 GB of RAM, 16/32 GB SSD, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. As far as ports, it's got wireless HDMI, 2 USB 2.0, VGA, HDMI, and audio in/out"

jecht

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
I'm not too crazy about this for myself, but I have to say it would be great for someone who doesn't need a whole lot of processing power but likes to save space and doesn't want to have a huge messy tangle of wires behind their desk (like I do lol). Plus it looks pretty nice too.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
yeah, this would be great for a media center PC if it had a bit more balls... maybe an ion version would be worthwhile. for the price, i personally would still rather build a cheap microatx rig in a media center case and get a $50 wiresless keyboard/mouse and call it a day...

nhat11

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Uh, it's a computer... in a keyboard. I'm not at all interested in it but if it had some wireless HDMI built in and came with a receiver I would be all over it.[/citation]
It does have wireless HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.