Asus Eeebook X250TA support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diganta Das

Distinguished
So this new laptop I'm going to buy this week..http://www.flipkart.com/asus-eeebook-x205ta-notebook-4th-gen-atom-quad-core-2gb-32gb-emmc-win-8-1-office-365/p/itme3yf79ssdyjaf
I've a few questions that I wanna clarify buying..
1. Does this laptop run ms office 2013 smoothly.. Coz that's the primary reason for me to buy it...
2. I have a 1tb WD my passport ext HDD.. Will I be facing any compatibility issue??
3.. And finally can I use an external DVD writer with this..
I'll be only using word,excel, PowerPoint, maybe watch movies and do browsing..
Those who have bought it please reply quickly..
:)

Solution
While I don't own one personally, you can glean most of what you want to know from the specs.

1) Provided the machine isn't loaded down with a bunch of junk-ware, it should run Office perfectly fine.

2) Unless you have formatted your external WD drive with something Windows doesn't recognize, it will be perfectly compatible. The machine sports USB 2.0, so while it won't be the snappiest experience, it will more than adequately get the job done.

3) You may be able to use an external DVD writer with this unit. External DVD writers often need to use 2x USB ports to meet their power requirements. The unit you linked to lists 2x USB ports, but if they are both tied to the same controller, may not provide enough current to run an external...
While I don't own one personally, you can glean most of what you want to know from the specs.

1) Provided the machine isn't loaded down with a bunch of junk-ware, it should run Office perfectly fine.

2) Unless you have formatted your external WD drive with something Windows doesn't recognize, it will be perfectly compatible. The machine sports USB 2.0, so while it won't be the snappiest experience, it will more than adequately get the job done.

3) You may be able to use an external DVD writer with this unit. External DVD writers often need to use 2x USB ports to meet their power requirements. The unit you linked to lists 2x USB ports, but if they are both tied to the same controller, may not provide enough current to run an external writer reliably. While you will be able to connect an external burner, I won't guarantee it'll function reliably.

Solution

shibac

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
I have been using this laptop for about a month now. Frequently, the applications (especially the chrome browser) slow down and become non-responsive - which is very frustrating.

Was wondering if there is something that I can do to improve the performance of the laptop. Suggestions and workarounds welcome

There are all sorts of reasons your system could be behaving the way it is. Please start a new thread if you would like help, rather than hijacking somebody else's.

I don't like, use, or have much in the way of support suggestions for Google's Chrome browser. On another note, however, if it's your browsing experience that is slowing down, there may be nothing you can do about it. Even high end machines can be made to appear slow when faced with loading and navigating sites that are poorly designed, such as even Tom's Hardware, with it's excessive use of scripting, flash, and ads.

You may need an ad-blocker for the sites you're frequenting.

You may need to disable java scripting, if it's enabled in your browser.

You may need to update or disable flash.

You may need to disable add-ons to your browser.

You may have a lack of space on the internal flash, causing it to choke when attempting to find empty flash pages to write to.

shibac

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
Many thanks for your reply. And sorry for posting on this thread, will do better next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.