Question Asus eepc 1101ha upgrade

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
I have an asus eepc 1101ha netbook and i am thinking of upgrading to 2gb ram and 120 gb ssd
-Will ddr3 memory be compatible with this? (It curently has ddr2 memory)
-Will i need to boot from a isb with a new os, or will the pc keep its os (i want to keep the pc with windows xp and eepc dont come with a cd key disk)
-It curently gives me potential of overclocking up to 30%. If i change the ram will i be able to oc?
-the pc came with a c:// drive and a d:// drive. Which should i remoce and how will i understand which one is which.
-thanks in advance

Unless yoou have these parts laying around, the upgrade will cost at least $60, and you'll still be limited by slow single-core Atom CPU, miserable screen, and Windows Vista. When on sale, you can get a 14"-15" laptop for like $120-130, which will be eons ahead in performance and usability.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
I am planning on upgrading an old netbook to 2 gb ram ddr2 and 120 gb ssd. It has 1.3 ghz cpu, so windows 10 can run on it. Will it be smoother to run windows 10 or should i keep the windows xp os? Also, how to clone a disk? I need this because i want to change the rom from hdd to ssd and if windows xp run better that windows 10 i ll need the os. The computer came without a windows key. I want it for web browsing (opera) and word.

Well if you can add an SSD it will make a world of difference to it, so windows 10 would be nice to have (not sure how it will run though)
I looked at the specs and you can get 2 gb of ram as well, which is nice.
I see it has a normal HDD so yes, you can remove that and plug in an SSD.
What size HDD do you have? As you will need an SSD of same size or larger to CLONE
Looks good!