Asus' Elusive Eee Keyboard Slips to April

Status
Not open for further replies.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
well fortunately it's the dumbest product I've ever seen Asus create that's being continually delayed.

More expensive than a netbook+wireless mouse/KB, AND with less functionality and portability? Wow, i'm sold! What's that? It's got an HDMI output, but not the system specs to even stream flash videos fullscreen or playback HD local files?? Nifty! Oh boy, where's the waiting list for this gem? I'm sure there's a huge amount of ppl that want to... type emails and word documents on their HDTV with this thing?

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Pretty sure Steiner666 gave me a thumbs down, when my cave man talk is suppose to come from the same angle that you are taking with this thing. Companies think that shiny things are really needed for regualr consumer.

P.S check out the onion news' Sony parody.lol

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
i hate keyboards like that, there just as bad as those really thin apple keyboards, they often feel like typing on a laptop keyboard and it reduces your typing speed.

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]i hate keyboards like that, there just as bad as those really thin apple keyboards, they often feel like typing on a laptop keyboard and it reduces your typing speed.[/citation]
You may find this funny, but I actually use an apple keyboard with my PC laptop. Got it as an open box product for $20, and been using it since 2007. Actually feels far more comfortable than the laptop keyboard.

I also only type using my two index fingers (never learned to type properly, dunno why) and yet I still manage roughly 40wpm.

sandrah

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2007
Was Asus bought out by Phantom Entertainment?

It's such a shame Asus hasn't taken all this time with delays improving specs, it's a great concept but with hardware not suited to the task it's suited for, media center PC, with just a single core 1.6Ghz Atom processor and onboard Intel GPU it's just to under powered, now if they were to bump it up to an Atom 330 with ION or an Atom D510.

barturtle

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
This is a new format? Seems like processor-and-keyboard-in-one go back to the very beginning of home computers...I know it predates the C64 and Atari XL.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]barturtle[/nom]This is a new format? Seems like processor-and-keyboard-in-one go back to the very beginning of home computers...I know it predates the C64 and Atari XL.[/citation]
It will be more expensive than a commodore...

Asus, stop dicking around, you should have released this a year ago.
Not like the Atom platform has really evolved since then.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]It will be more expensive than a commodore...Asus, stop dicking around, you should have released this a year ago.Not like the Atom platform has really evolved since then.[/citation]
Well, rumors are they'll sell it for 500-600$. My C64 cost me 500$ plus 300$ for the floppy drive and another 150ish$ for the tape drive, in 1980s dollars.

G

As soon as Asus hears of Intel's upcoming Atom processor that will be better than current D410/N410 they might want to delay the keyboard a little longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.