News Asus Endeavours into SSDs: A ROG PCIe 4.0 x4 Drive Incoming

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
About time Asus decided to venture into SSDs! I always thought to myself that if ROG could make it as everything even in graphic cards, then it should also work as SSDs. I wonder why it took Asus so long to get into SSDs? I also wonder if they can bring in the Tuf Gaming brand and offer Sata SSDs and gen 3 SSDs at that.

It will be interesting to see what controller this SSD will use as well as how fast it can be compared to the competition.

I wonder whatever happened to this one Asus worked on...

View: https://youtu.be/k9qwBzvKAG8

Apr 1, 2020
Given that this is Asus’s first hooray into internal SSDs, we believe it is reasonable to assume that the company is using a turnkey solution, yet with some customizations to justify the Asus ROG branding.

Put me down for the "Performs more poorly than the Samsung 980 Pro and WD Black SN850 yet costs more" bet. See also:

Gigabyte Aorus Gen4 7000s M.2 NVMe SSD Review: Nanocarbon Cooled for Speed | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

MSI Spatium M480 M.2 NVMe SSD Review: Classy Looks and Speed | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020

Nobody is expecting Asus's SSD to be better than the 980 or SN850. What people expect from the Asus SSD is to be like how the ROG brand is which is deliver performance for gamers and considering drives like Silicon Power XPower XS70 are also fine being gaming focused, I think that is being realistic