Asus Ends ‘Arez’ AMD Graphics Card Branding

Status
Not open for further replies.
With companies dropping their AMD centered product lines before they even got off the ground is there ANY question left that these re-brands were a requirement of the GPP? I really hope someone sues NVidia over the GPP, they probably caused harm to these companies that were suddenly forced to design new product lines just to keep selling AMD cards.

EDIT: Well it looks like it was all a fake. Thanks for that Internet. I still hope someone investigates and/or sues NVidia over the GPP. Everything we heard about it makes it highly suspect. Let the market decide and don't automatically assume that people who buy graphics cards are idiots.

Asus, MSI, Gigabyte... etc... and AMD, should sue Nvidia. This was monopoly tactics aimed at squashing AMD.

AMD should work on a super VEGA APU rending the 1050 TI obsolete. Cutting the bread an butter of Nvidia in mobile and desktop would be a huge blow.

I wonder how far ASUS got with the renaming. I'd imagine they would want some form of reimbursement if they had spent hundreds of thousands for new labels, boxes, marketing materials, etc. But if it never really got that far, they are probably just glad the stupidity is over. If you don't know the difference between nVidia and AMD cards, then you probably don't care which you end up with and using different naming schemes wouldn't impact you anyways.

P1nky

Distinguished
May 26, 2009

Nope. It's fake as confirmed by true journalists at Computerbase.com. Source.

LE: Another publication, TPU, was mislead and eventually confirmed with ASUS that's a fake account. Source.

ssdpro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Funny how many fools fall for this stuff. AMD graphics cards are not fit for the ROG branding. AREZ is here to stay for AMD graphics.

You do realize that the only difference is a sticker, right?

On the up side, people will think it's a new product and probably help sales.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
After that mess I think I am still going to avoid buying Asus ever again (I hope that can change as I used to buy a fair few Asus products over the years), starting with a motherboard that else definitely would have been an Asus this time out for my new Ryzen build.

They were far too fast to jump through NVidia's GPP hoops :(

Well, one more reason to not buy Asus ever again.

So basically, GPP DID actually worked... without even having to enforce their Program. Bravo Nvidia, it is with stuff like that that you are losing customers.

Considering they re-released it for a period might not be a good example.

Your loss. I got a free upgrade from a 980Ti STRIX to a GTX 1080 STRIX saving me from having to purchase a new GPU this year or even probably next year. Lets me wait for Volta and whatever AMD will push out if it can beat or meet them.

Short of your word no. It is probably supposed to be closer to Ares, like the Greek God of War.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

A certain pronunciation of Arez sounds like a certain pronunciation of "errors".

"I gots lotsa erruz on my computa."

Status
Not open for further replies.