ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP/2DI/1GD5 and Asus P5n32-e sli plus

BenGH

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
hi i was wondering if someone could advise/help me

i am considering getting an ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP/2DI/1GD5 but am not sure if it is compatible with my asus P5n32-e sli plus motherboard is there anyone who knows if they are or can tell me how i can find out

thanks in advance

Ben

cognitoo

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
I'm considering doing the same with this motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX.

Is 750W enough? I've had motherboard incompatabilities in the past ... gtx 260 twin frozrs in sli and win7 pro did not like my motherboard...

:eek:

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
@ cognitoo

Nice thread jack there? :)

Are you planning on SLI? SLI GTX 460s requires a 650W PSU so you'll be fine. Though is it a quality PSU? Though even if it is not it should still run it fine though they like to break.

cognitoo

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
I'm planning on using an XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W ATX12V and Two X ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 460's in SLI [EDIT: OH!!! That's what this thread is about!! ........ hence how I found it......]

Wolygon, How the hell is one to know what is and is not compatible? If you don't mind I might ask you to look over my specs for this new build... The last one was a Disaster with an emphasis on Disaster........ :ouch:

Probably will ask you to look at my choices tomorrow if I may. ............ here re the basics if you can tell me All is Good or not. Windows 7 pro was a MAJOR problem with my last build and I do not want any problems this time around.

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

2 x ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP ...

XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W ATX12V

Intel Core i7-950

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB)

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO-R120 Advanced Liquid Cooling

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Hello, you really like thread jacking don't you? It is not polite to post your own questions on someones thread which do not benefit the OP.

You could PM me any further questions or start a new thread. I would like to help you but it seems like a longish talk not like one post and this is not very polite to the OP.

I'm not sure why you stuffed up on your previous build but it is not very difficult.

Check that the CPU sockets match up and that the board has support for the CPUs (problem with Phenom II X4 and X6). Make sure the board has SLI support and that it is x16/x16 or x8/x8 instead of x16/x4. Check the supported memory list for the motherboard (though this is not really required for well known RAM like dominators). Make sure the PSU has enough power to run your system, a good guide for that can be found here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/279391-28-power-requirements-specs-popular-graphic-cards-guide .

Any further questions and "small talk" I would like to happen by PM or a different thread. I would like to talk about your system though its not really appropriate here.

Sorry OP.

cognitoo

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
I really had no Idea what you meant by "thread Jack"

I honestly thought you were asking me if I was someone named Jack!

Being that the thread was over 15 days old with no other comments that I would just leave a comment ... then I thought you thought you knew me and that I was someone named Jack. I don't live in these forums so the "lingo" was foreign to me.

sorry if I 'Jacked" what I thought was a dead thread.

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Ha thats the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. I know someone called jack and they are stupid, very stupid. :) So I don't think your Jack.

15 days old is not a lot, many people come back to check later on. Though if the person had only 1 post then they would likely not come back after that time.

It doesn't really matter if its a dead thread as you shouldn't be bumping (putting it back to the top of the forum) it anyway. Also you usually get better advice posting a new thread as more people see it and you are more likely to get a reply.

Are you going to PM me or post a new thread already? If your doing the latter you could link me to it. Nice talking to you Jack. :p