[SOLVED] ASUS Essentio CM6870 Desktop-Windows 7- OS Selection Boot Screen

IanTVTBB6

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
When I first boot up my ASUS CM6870 Essentio Desktop running Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-Bit) I see the inital BIOS Screen and then a Windows OS Boot Selection Screen, asking "Which OS to Boot" The thing is it just started showing this screen a few months ago, it never used to be there. Also the screen only gives one option to boot from so its like a extra step to boot, theres only the option to select "Windows 7". This is especially problematic because im currently having trouble with my TV that im using as a monitor not detecting my PC untill the PC reaches the Windows 7 Welcome Screen so I cant see the BIOS or OS Boot Selection screens. Typically this screen is only displayed when theres a partition on the drive, multiple drives or multiple operating systems and the system needs the user to make some sort of selection but I have made no hardware or software changes and it never used to ask. Thanks for any help.

-Ian

Last edited:
Solution
Yes. That's what I meant. Since you only have the one instance listed there, it might be a corrupted user profile or some sort of automatic safety issue in Windows 7 where the original boot config was corrupted and replaced.. Not really sure.

I'd probably back up your data and start considering a format and reinstall of the OS.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yes. That's what I meant. Since you only have the one instance listed there, it might be a corrupted user profile or some sort of automatic safety issue in Windows 7 where the original boot config was corrupted and replaced.. Not really sure.

I'd probably back up your data and start considering a format and reinstall of the OS.

-Wolf sends

Solution