asus et2300 dismantle

Raymond Shepherd

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
hi, does anyone know how to open a asus et2300,all in one pc,i want to upgrade the memory, I have searched every where but can not find any info, asus will not help,thanks ray.

Aykut

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013

Hi Raymond,
did you find out how to dismantle et2300 ?
I also wants to upgrade my memory.
Aykut

Raymond Shepherd

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013

Raymond Shepherd

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
Hi Aykut,sorry i ave seached every where and i can not find any info,i guess asus does not want to let anyone upgrade,personally i have now given up,i ordered a dell 27 inch xps one i7 from the dell outlet online store,i know you can get into the dell,so i guess asus has lost another customer,shame really as i did like the asus et2300,you may get some info soon as the et2300 has been out for a year now in the uk and the warranties will be expiring,so i think some brave person will have a go at getting it open,i did find a hidden screw on the back,under a very small black plastic cover,but when i removed it the back cover only lifted slightly,i have tried removing the rubber feet from the base but no screws,i think the hard drive is located behind the screen,once or twice i felt a slight vibration and when i move the screen slightly,it goes away,i have also tried using a credit type card round the edge of the metal top plate on the base,but no luck and i did not want to force it,i have a feeling that the metal base cover is on with consealed clips where you would need to know where they were to put the pressure on it,anyway,good luck and if i do find out anything i will post it,thanks Raymond.

Aykut

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Hi Ray,
thanks for sharing your experience ... i was just about to remove the rubber feet, now i don't have to :)
My plan will be to contact a notebook shop which have an own repair center. At least they can do the job for money if they
won't tell me how to do it. I don't like to support that kind of policy of ASUS, next time it will be another brand.
If i get new information i will post it.
many thanks
Aykut

Unicorntraveller

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

Hi
I found out how to open the base of the machine. There are screws hidden under the decal for the kensington lock adn on the opposite side of the machine. there are 2 more screws on the back. One either side of the tower arm. One has false panel and on the other side you need to remove the decal where the ports are. That is all. Unfortunately I broke the touch screen when I rested it on my screw driver. Does anyone know where to get a new one? :-(

Aykut

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013

Hi, thanks you for the information. Sorry to hear that your touchscreen is broken but i think you have to contact a Asus reseller or an autherized Asus repair centre to get the spare part. By the way do you know where to find the internal speakers, in the base of the machine or behind the touchscreen ? These speakers are driving me crazy with a disturbing noise which i cannot switch really off. Changed all the drivers an it did get better but it is still there.

best regards
Aykut

stuart32

Reputable
May 10, 2014

pectedbande

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
There are screws hidden under the decal for the kensington lock adn on the opposite side of the machine.
tCHyxz

Kio_Milenium

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014

Hi there, I do opened my ET2300Inti, quite easy task. You just need to remove 4 screws, 2 on the back, one behind the decal of the kensington lock and the last one on the same spot on the opposite side behind a similar decal. Just be carefull with the DVD power/data cable, is quite short.

If someone could give me directions on How to insert pictures here, I would be happy to post some.

I hope this to be helpful for someone.

Aykut

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013

i brought my et2300 to an official ASUS repair center, they also serve other brands, and they said it is not a problem to upgrade, but they just could bring it to 10GB, 2GB are fixed on the board

kb1984

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015

Hey

Your advice worked was brilliant but I cannot find the second RAM slot. I'm not sure if I'm going mad but I just see one and then there is the onboard RAM which you can't change. My version came with 4 gigs of ram, do you think there is only one slot that you can upgrade?

Thanks