[SOLVED] Asus EX A320M compatibility

Nov 13, 2019
Is the Ryzen 7 1st and 2nd gen compatible with this mobo? well the site says it is compatible with 1st and 2nd gen chips so is it?

Solution
As long as the board is running a later bios revision, 1st and second generation Ryzen 7s will work, although lacking overclocking or good ram support.

I would suggest going b450 so ensure 1st and 2nd generation compatability 100% and allow overclocking cpu and ram.
As long as the board is running a later bios revision, 1st and second generation Ryzen 7s will work, although lacking overclocking or good ram support.

I would suggest going b450 so ensure 1st and 2nd generation compatability 100% and allow overclocking cpu and ram.

Solution
Nov 13, 2019
oh okay but the problem is I already got the mobo so yea sad part. Last thing is it compatible with Ryzen 5 1st and 2nd too right?
Also im not really into OC so yea thats fine as long as it is compatible and works ok without problems

Typo.

The A320 chipset motherboards are compatible with 1st and 2nd gen with the correct UEFI/BIOS version.

Sometimes the firmware on these motherboard may need to be updated to add support for 2nd generation cpus. However, i would assume by now pretty much all new A320 motherboard would ship with 2nd generation compatability.

TRENDING THREADS