Asus Finally Announces Maximus VII Impact Mini-ITX Z97 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drejeck

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
How does it compares to the already wonderful Z97I-plus? is it worth it to get a 4x M.2 in place of a 2x? does the 2x still sucks 8 lanes on the Z97I-plus?
how will affect a gtx 750 ti? I know that the athlon 5350 4 lanes already drive the gtx 750 ti near it's max performance.

Lutfij

Titan
The sata port wiring to the CPU was a bad idea. There are those among the enthusiast crowd who'd love to have all 16 lanes off the PCIe slot.

The board should be priced around $210 as the previous version went/goes for $220

G

The sata port placement is actually the only logical position on this small form factor board.

Prices are not going to be around $210. According to a polish website, it says that this board will run you dry 1725 chinese yuan, or $280.00 USD.

Based off rog.asus.com, this board's availability is going to be 1-2 weeks for order. since the time of my review.

Sources: http://pclab.pl/news59108.html, Expreview (Search maximus vii impact)

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
The sata port placement is actually the only logical position on this small form factor board.

Prices are not going to be around $210. According to a polish website, it says that this board will run you dry 1725 chinese yuan, or $280.00 USD.

Based off rog.asus.com, this board's availability is going to be 1-2 weeks for order. since the time of my review.

Sources: http://pclab.pl/news59108.html, Expreview (Search maximus vii impact)
Regarding the SATA port: I think he was referring to the M.2 slot pulling its PCIe lanes from the CPU rather than from the chipset. The benefit is that you get PCIe 3.0 speeds from the CPU (the Z97 chipset is still limited to 8 PCIe 2.0 lanes) and lower latency access to the drive. The downside is that it limits the physical PCIe 16x slot to PCIe 8x speeds when a M.2 drive is installed. It shouldn't effect graphics card performance but still seems like an odd compromise for an ROG-class product.

lp231

Splendid
Dear Asus:
Haswell-E, Rampage! Lots of SATA, SATA Express, and PCIe x16 slots. Put like 10 PCIe x16 slot, then put SATA and SATA Express around the perimeter of the board. Fill entire bottom of mobo with M.2 and don't forget to include a wifi AC + BT 4.0 module. And if possible nice heatsink logo as well as the heatsink that can change color via software or bios and also make LED ram slots that changes color too so we can color match our components. Thank You

G

Just contacted Asus support and they said within this month. No specifics were given.

Status
Not open for further replies.