[SOLVED] Asus FX505 black screen and laptop turns off (but not fully) ?

Nov 26, 2020
My laptop is connected to my external monitor via hdmi cable. So when I'm gaming sometimes, the monitor will blackscreen, laptop turns off and laptop fan stops spinning.
When i press the power button, it boots to asus boot screen and not a single program is closed even the YouTube video is on paused on certain time too. What cause this to happen, can it be overheating?

ASUS FX505

CPU: Intel i5-8300h
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 8GB

Last edited:
Solution
I have this exact problem, i have a asus tuf fx505dy and a LG 24gl600F monitor capable of reaching 144hz and 1ms (im using hdmi), the thing is when i start to play games with the monitor such as GTA V, windows locks and hibernate immediately, when i resume windows everything is ok, and nothing is closed.

I tested GTA V again without the monitor and it worked perfectly.

Asus TUF FX505DY:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3350h
GPU: RX560X
RAM: 16 GB
Nov 17, 2020
When the laptop is turned on, the laptop screen turns off when the HDMI cable is connected. This is how it should be. And where does the information come from?
To resolve this situation, the manufacturer suggests using the Fn+F5 key combination.

Nov 26, 2020
No, i meant when i gaming laptop black screen(laptop fan also stopped spinning) and turned off sometimes only and then when i press turn on it boot into asus logo screen and resume as usual.

Nov 27, 2020
I have this exact problem, i have a asus tuf fx505dy and a LG 24gl600F monitor capable of reaching 144hz and 1ms (im using hdmi), the thing is when i start to play games with the monitor such as GTA V, windows locks and hibernate immediately, when i resume windows everything is ok, and nothing is closed.

Asus TUF FX505DY:

Solution
Nov 26, 2020

Asus TUF FX505DY:

Sorry to bother. I do some research on hibernation do you have your laptop lid closed when connected to the monitor? I think the lid closed might cause it to happen not sure about it yet will try it out.

Nov 27, 2020
Disabled hibernation via cmd, and with the lid open and monitor conected via HDMI hitting 144hz , the issue seems solved, tested by playing gta v for 30 minutes, and nothing bad happens.

issue solved, for now.