Question Asus FX505GT Laptop

Racuss

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
Hey Guys,

I have a Asus FX505GTLaptop and I want to upgrade some components. I want opinions on the best gaming 2.5" SSD drive and the best gaming SSD M.2 drive. If someone could give me some help on this that would be great.

Thank You!

Looks like you have a i5 9300H which is PCI-E 3.0. I would say the best M.2 NVME drive for PCI-E 3.0 is the Samsung 970 Evo Plus.

However I would recommend the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro instead as it's not dissimilar in performance but significantly cheaper.

The best 2.5" SATA SSD's I would say are the Crucial MX500 and Samsung 870 Evo. Of those the Crucial is better value and would be my pick.

In the context of gaming though it doesn't really matter what SSD you pick. I would however get a more premium boot drive though, which both the Adata and the Samsung are. On the cheaper drives if your doing a lot of writes it can negatively impact system performance.

Racuss

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2013
Looks like you have a i5 9300H which is PCI-E 3.0. I would say the best M.2 NVME drive for PCI-E 3.0 is the Samsung 970 Evo Plus.

However I would recommend the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro instead as it's not dissimilar in performance but significantly cheaper.

The best 2.5" SATA SSD's I would say are the Crucial MX500 and Samsung 870 Evo. Of those the Crucial is better value and would be my pick.

In the context of gaming though it doesn't really matter what SSD you pick. I would however get a more premium boot drive though, which both the Adata and the Samsung are. On the cheaper drives if your doing a lot of writes it can negatively impact system performance.
Thx for the recommendations. I would be looking for ram aswell. Could you help me with that too?