Asus G50V

dannyny

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hello,

i am having issues with my asus g50v laptop. it is having an issue booting up. the linux part of the system works to skype and surf the web. also safemode works. i usually have to boot up in safe mode then reset restart the computer and place it sideways for it to boot up properly. do i have a display or hard drive issue?

dannyny

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hi Scott,

i have to turn the unit on it's side to get the laptop to boot. the back of the lcd screen has to be touching the table and the keyboard would be in the LCD screen position.

when i boot it up the screen is black but you can see the mouse cursor but will not load past that.

linux and safe mode works. safe mode with networking also works. sometimes the unit will boot up on it's side and sometimes it wont its a hit or miss but that is the only way i have been able to turn the unit on.

thanks for the reply.

cl-scott

Honorable
Then I would say the first thing to do would be to try reinstalling the OS. The turning it on its side and it works is probably just coincidental. If safe mode works every time, no special rituals needed, then it sounds like the most plausible scenario is a corrupt OS.